Piano for Kids ages 5 to Teen
An Ensemble & Reading Music Program for Kids
Piano Primer 3 week Mini Summer Session
For children entering 1st, 2nd & 3rd grade.
1) 3 Tuesdays 7/11, 7/18, 7/25 or
2) 3 Wednesdays 7/19, 7/26, 8/2
Time 3:00 to 3:40
$80 tuition $20 book & CD $100 Total
Space is limited to 6 children.
Enroll Online Today!
2017-18 School Year Session
1st Graders Mondays 3:30 to 4:00
2nd Graders Tuesdays 3:30 to 4:00
3rd Graders Wednesdays 2:30 to 3:00
Session runs from 9/11 to 5/23
31 Weeks Tuition $835 Materials $65
Total $900 (paid over 9 months)
Click here for Enrollment Packet
Two of my beginning students playing one of the last pieces in Level 1A of the Mayron Cole Method. Notice they are reading and counting!
Did you know??
Music students out-perform non-music students on achievement tests in reading and math. Skills such as reading, anticipating, memory, listening, forecasting, recall, and concentration are developed in musical performance, and these skills are valuable to students in math, reading, and science.
- B. Friedman, “An Evaluation of the Achievement in Reading and Arithmetic of Pupils in Elementary School Instrumental Music Classes,” Dissertation Abstracts International.
The Mayron Cole Piano Method for Children
Written by a piano instructor with over 40 years experience, The Mayron Cole Piano Method, emphasizes staff-note reading, rhythm counting, and sight reading. With no gimmicks or shortcuts, this method teaches beginners through advanced pianists to read music and accompany other musicians which leads to a lifetime of enjoying playing the piano. The Mayron Cole Method is a traditional music reading method, so you can be assured that the skills your child learns can be used later on to learn an orchestra or band instrument, or to advance his piano study. In our small-group classes, each child will sit at his/her own full sized digital grand piano and be accompanied by live piano playing.
Is your child ready?
A child is ready for formal piano instruction if and when they…
· Are beginning to read.
· Know left from right.
· Can sit for the 30 minute class.
· Have an available parent to help with short, daily practices.
· Have expressed an interest.
This could be age 5, 6, 7, 8 or older and there is no rush.
Read the full article: Is My Child Ready for Piano?
For children ages 5 & 6 “Menehune Music”
- Small group class meets weekly for 30 minutes
For children ages 6 to 12 years "Level 1A"
- Small Group Class meets weekly for 30 minutes
Music with Melissa Studio
1530 Center Rd #12 Novato 94947
Same building as Body Kinetics Gym
watch the quick video tour
At Home Requirements
- A piano or keyboard (with full sized keys) easily accessible for daily practice.
- A CD player set up next to the practice instrument that student can easily operate.
- A parent/child practice schedule of 10 to 15 minutes per day
School Year Session - 31 weeks
Starts the Monday after Labor Day and ends the Friday before Memorial Day
Except for these holiday weeks:
- Thanksgiving week in November
- Christmas and New Year's weeks (2 weeks)
- NUSD mid-winter break (February)
- NUSD spring break (April)
School Year Session Enrollment Fee
31 class session $835 tuition
$65 registration & materials fee
Total $900 for the 9 month session, all materials included
School Year Payment Plan
Pay $300 by September 1 to enroll
Followed by (8) monthly credit card payments of $75
October through May
Summer Session 2017
A 3 week Piano Primer
July 11 through July 29, 2017
$100 includes 3 classes, CD, and Book
Piano class enrollment is for the entire session (summer or school year).
There are no refunds available for fees paid.
If you need to withdraw your child from class prior to the end of the school year session, you may cancel the remainder of your monthly payments.
Please select Button below for more detailed information: